Had an interruption to the fishing season due to a spinal surgery 1st week of June. After a 30 day recovery, I've had a few sporadic Perch trips and caught some Perch but nothing to write home about, Went out Saturday July 14 at 7:30 AM with a buddy out of Turtle Point Marina, headed west and set up at 8:00 AM in 21 FOW off Wards Canal, in a nice cloud cover. I was using a spreader with chartreuse and gold bling, my buddy was using a straight inline rig. First fish came in less than 10 minutes, by 12:18 had 47 nice sized Perch (mostly 10" some 11"s in the box. Then it happened, the wind died, the lake went flat and not soon after the cloud cover broke. I personally didn't catch a fish for the next hour. After I changed my setup and went with a spreader no bling I caught the next 10. We ended the day with a two man limit, 25 lbs at the cleaners. Three of us tried to duplicate the same program today but conditions would just not allow it, there was no cloud cover, the heat was brutal and to make matters worse there were these little gnats everywhere, they weren't biting but they were everywhere and very annoying, face, eyes, nose, mouth, nothing worked in trying to get rid of them, tried Off, citronella candle, etc. Ended the day with 26, not as nice as yesterday but 14 lbs at the cleaners. Can anyone tell me where and why all of a sudden the lake is full gnats? How long will they last? and is there anything that can alleviate them? Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.First Perch Limit Of The Season-20180714_163739-1-jpg