Terrible Friday, enough said. Roughed it out Saturday after chasing all the boats out to the western side of Kelley's. Fished a couple of hours with one bite. But it was a dandy! A new boat record for me and a beautiful first fish for a kid. A custom bandit, regal shad, 65 back caught the fish. I had to break it to the kid that they all weren't this size as it proved out the rest of the day. We went back to the west side of Catawbe and trolled in out of the boats crowd of boats offering up a buffet. 50/50 cranks vs harnesses. I went to smaller less aggressive cranks and keep them close to the bottom as I could. The harnesses were trolled with down riggers with balls just off the bottom. Dominate color was purple and gold came in second. Rapala's Shad Rap Regal Shad once again was the easy winner (my favorite lure!) Ended the day with 12 nice keepers, a handful of throw back eyes and a bunch of white bass to keep us hopping. Fun was had by all :-) Same as the rest with one exception....-img_5038-jpg