For those of us that troll, dive curves are unbelievably important! They give us a pretty good idea of how deep we're running the lures. I know I've shared some info on dive curves, as well as a few others on here and other sites. We all like to help each other out, right?

I gather my dive curve info from a few different sources. But clearly the #1 source is the Precision Trolling App. Almost everyone has a smart phone nowadays, and app is free, and each dive curve is cheap. Just like the local bait shops, which are also an incredible source of information, if we don't support them, they won't keep doing what they're doing to support us.

Wherever you choose to get your info, keep in mind that it is merely a STARING POINT! If you're marking fish at 15', don't go out there and set every Deep Husky Jerk at 100' back. Set a few higher, maybe one lower. There are a ton of other variables to take into account..... speed, current, line diameter, height of tow-line or rod tip (unless pulling inline boards)... All of these things will have some effect on the depth achieved. Set a few different leads, and see what's catching, then duplicate it.

Thanks for listening....