Need input from you regulars, please.... guessing others will appreciate a conversation on this.

I missed fishing here last spring because the little windows I had for making a trip never seemed to work with the quickly changing Spring winds. From all the conversations here, I think it was a frustrating time for many. I’m five hours away in SE Wisconsin, so I need to put a couple days together for a trip.

Fishing out of a 17’ Lund Fisherman, it has a pretty deep body and tall gunnels, and is well set up as I use it on Lake Michigan late Spring/Summer for salmon. But it still small like many others have to use.

Wind???? South and SW are pretty easy if they ever actually happened. Everyone has their own tolerance and comfort level to be safe... very personal, I get it. I wanted to try a run over early next week... if I miss that, it would be one more chance in early April.

Fishing from Magees over to Port Clinton out to the cans. East or a little NE wind I would try to tuck into the protection west of Port Clinton, but there always seems to be a bunch of NW wind here, and I know Erie is an animal to be respected.

How much wind should be considered too much when it is forecast from the NW, N or even NE? And hoping they get it right. is like 15mph a cutoff? That eliminates a lot of days in many forecast.

Advice? And Thank you!