spring fishing spring fishing spring fishing spring fishing
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: spring fishing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another question! I know that the pre spawn will more than likely be in march. I have heard of people fishing somewhere around the island and catching some hogs but that it about all I know. I am not sure if the fish on the east side of put n bay area. I do know that the are trolling slow. Just not sure where or what is in the area for this to fish around in that pre spawn. If for some reason the jigging isnt going my way around the reefs, Id like to have a back up plan and if I could figure out or get an idea where you guys fish around over by the islands in march during the pre span. Im not asking for your hot spots just the general area or reasoning why for the spots. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vanatta22 View Post
    Another question! I know that the pre spawn will more than likely be in march. I have heard of people fishing somewhere around the island and catching some hogs but that it about all I know. I am not sure if the fish on the east side of put n bay area. I do know that the are trolling slow. Just not sure where or what is in the area for this to fish around in that pre spawn. If for some reason the jigging isnt going my way around the reefs, Id like to have a back up plan and if I could figure out or get an idea where you guys fish around over by the islands in march during the pre span. Im not asking for your hot spots just the general area or reasoning why for the spots. Thank you!
    this is going to be my first spring fishing so i'm learning as well. i'll be up there first time the weather permits but have a 3 day trip planned for april. going out of the same area. i'm hoping to learn a little bit before my trip in april on some trips in march. i'm all ready for the weather to break and get things going this season. i stopped by Capt. Eric and DJ's booth in columbus and they helped me out quite a bit in just the five to ten mins i got to talk to them. i'm all about trying to help one another out and trying to fish with partners to get on some fish. good luck this year. feel free to throw me a message and let me know how you're doing. i will do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

I know that it is just a little chilly this weekend but is anyone heading out? I would like to try to get up next weekend if the wind plays nice. With not much rain in the forecast it should clear up a little. Anyone have any thoughts of when they are going to get up?