Drift sock / bag advise Drift sock / bag advise Drift sock / bag advise Drift sock / bag advise
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Cabelas pro series drift socks USED to be very high quality, but like everything the new ones are much thinner material and cheaper made. I know this because I had two of them and lost one last year, when I ordered a replacement I was very disappointed. I returned it and got lucky and found an old style in their bargain cave. I also have Amish outfitter bags for trolling. My opinion, trolling bags for trolling, drift socks for drifting, they are not the same. Drift socks with weighted Bottoms and floating tops self deploy, just throw out an forget. I put mine out back, I don’t like drifting sideways, I can use both sides of the boat and don’t have to fish around the bags. I keep a big one for windy days and a smaller one for light wind days. From my finding I get away with less bag drifting straight rather than sideways, less area exposed to the wind.

Post Thanks / Like

its a inboard capt Eric gradyfish hit it . i have used my trolling bags for drift bags in the past dont think they work as well like the ones with floats and weights the bad side is finding a drift bag that holds up . it would be great if there was some type of add on kit to put on your amish trolling bags to use for both may haft to work on that. while were on the subject of trolling bags also when using 2 48 inch bags gets me down to 2.2 i was using a couple 58 inch to go slower in spring i need to replace them also as i tried saving a buck and bought cheaper ones that did not hold up