I've had a few out-of-state people call me in the last few days looking for walleye trips. I'm posting this on here because they told me they found me through walleye.com. They have asked since they are travelling in from out-of-state, if we can do two trips in a day (I assume to make the drive worth it???).

Here's my position:
Am I allowed to do two walleye trips in a day? Yes. It doesn't matter how many trips I run, as long as I personally don't keep more than 6 walleye.
Can I take YOU out 2 walleye trips in one day? Yes. Legally speaking, I'm not the one breaking the law!
Would that be breaking the law? For me, no. For you it would - you're allowed 6 walleye per day per person.
Am I going to take YOU out again, and assist you in poaching? No. Absolutely not. Please, don't ask.

Summary: I care about this walleye population more than I do your money. I need these fish in the lake for tomorrow's group, and next weeks, and the next 15 years. I'd love to take you out to catch YOUR limit! But I will in no way assist you in exceeding that limit. 45 years in Ohio, and I'm 100% violation free, and I fully intend to keep it that way.

Thanks for understanding.......sorry for the rant.