inline boards please help!! inline boards please help!! inline boards please help!! inline boards please help!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauken23 View Post
    I wrap my line around the main clip to the line twice so it can't release (have to take the board off while reeling in) and than for the tattle flag make sure you leave some slack (2 inches) and for the tattle clip there is a little button in the middle of it. Make sure you clip inside that button. Hope that helps!

so i should be using the red clip and not the orange one in the rear? for some reason i watched a video on youtube and the guy said to switch the clips around. i have the upgraded adjustable clips in the front. maybe i should go back to the red clip in the rear so my line (12 lb big game) wont slip out and not allow the tattle flag to go down. i can't tell you how many times i've reeled in the board and there was a fish on there. i'm starting to get upset with these damn boards i've spent over a 100 dollars on. really want to get this figured out.

Post Thanks / Like

We use the OR18 on the front and it does not slip with our mono.Think it also holds braid without slipping.We have the OR16 in back and don't wrap the back, but a couple of boards have the OR16 in front and we wrap those.The rougher the water the more likely the line can slip in the front release,and if all the slack line is pulled tight,the flag will not go down.We use the rubber bands as illustrated in previous reply.The secret,or best results with the flag going down is have just enough tension with rubber band or spring to barely keep the flag upright with the speed and lure/diver you are using.That can vary a lot from going .9mph in winter to 2.5mph in summer.Can be running tru trip 40 that pull hard to a perfect 10 without a weight.We use size 33 that get at staples and bought bag #19 that I can add if want more tension.With all that being said,had a lot of small fish on last Friday that did not pull down the flag.Was able to tell some of them by reading the boards,but some we just reeled in the whole side to check if anything on after a while of no activity.Takes time to get experience with the boards,but the inline boards most productive way to troll for walleye unless need a lot of lines out and then big boards are way to go.