inline boards please help!! inline boards please help!! inline boards please help!! inline boards please help!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not related to the clips (I use the OR-18 in the front and the OR-16 in the back and wrap them both) but be sure your doing the "upgrade" on your Offshore boards, it really does make a difference how they pull the hard diving baits like Bandits and heavy snap or keel weights. I was able to do mine with no new parts, just drilled a new hole in the flag for the wire to hook in.

Offshore Board Update

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WI Walleye View Post
    Not related to the clips (I use the OR-18 in the front and the OR-16 in the back and wrap them both) but be sure your doing the "upgrade" on your Offshore boards, it really does make a difference how they pull the hard diving baits like Bandits and heavy snap or keel weights. I was able to do mine with no new parts, just drilled a new hole in the flag for the wire to hook in.

Offshore Board Update
    WI Walleye, You are right on the upgrades.. I have the OR -18 lever clamp front on my off shores, and the OR-16 on the rear. You are also right on the hard diving cranks.. I marked my line ( Power Pro braid) where it clipped to the front clip added my slack and clipped to the rear. Every time I checked it the front clip maintained its grip. It was the rear clip that slipped often and that had to be due to the force of the crank bait.. I rap the rear one now and it is cured. I may just start rapping the front one too like you said. Once you get used to it it should be quick and easy.. If ones eyes and fingers still work good and I struggle here a bit..
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ebijack View Post
    I've had the metal adjustable superclips for over 9 yrs before the padding split (and that included tourney fishing). As far as slipping, I've only ever seen it with the plastic Church clips. I've shown many folks how I can put #30 braid into the clip fully at the rear. I can clamp the clip into one of my vises and the braid will cut your skin before you can get it to budge trying to make the line slip. I've always found slippage due to the line not being fully into the clip by the screw. Had it happen many time taking folks out. I show them again how. No more slips.
    That is what works for me.
    Maybe I did not have it far enought back. I put the new flags on and moved the tattle spots, I have not been out yet with them but my brother says they pull much better

Post Thanks / Like

inline boards please help!!-img_1148-jpg

I find these OR18 the best to be sure board doesn't fall off, but no help on the flag issue. I use red clips on the back but find the mono still pulls through and the flag seldom "tattles". I may try wrapping as others suggested. I use to wrap the black superclip but if different people wrap than remove they sometimes struggle getting the board off. The rubber on those super lips also cracks and tears and the line gets caught.
    JBD's Regina Marie (Johnny Big Dawg)
    The Regina Marie: 2008 340 Sea Ray with Sportsman Package
    Twin 8.1L Inboards, Autopilot
    Rocket Launchers, Cisco Rod Holders, Scotty Downriggers
    Raymarine w/ Navionics, Radar, Rear TV to duplicate display or watch the game
    Sirius radio usually jamming Margaritaville

Post Thanks / Like

I always just wrap the line around the clip once and never have any problems. It takes an extra 2 seconds to release the board but I rarely ever lose a fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I think eyecrazy and I are kind of on the same page. Just wrap the line in the clips in such a way they can't release. As he/she said, I've yet to lose a fish while taking my board off the line. Boards were frustrating today... Shorts finally decided to go for my bandits. Drug a few around for a while before noticing. Tattle flags were set to the correct tension but these fish were barely bigger than the bandits lol

Post Thanks / Like

I use PowerPro braid and Offshore boards. I have the heavy duty red clips with the pin, but the slack to make the flag work will slip through and tighten up with braid. Then the flag will not work and you end up towing dinks around. I just wrap the rear clip with a loop around this clip and behind the pin. It will not slip this way, but it does take a little getting used to unhooking and reconnecting. Especially with old eyes and arthritis.

But it works great.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so you can't avoid missing having a fish on the board sometimes. Good to check them periodically. That being said, I use the basic clips that come with the boards and just wrap them through the clips in such a way they can't release. Just experiment and you'll find what works. Try putting the line through the clip and then loop it back around a put it through one or two more times. Boards are frustrating at first but helpful in the long run. Again, I keep my boards in line until they're reeled up to the boat. I then take the board off and reel the fish in. You could even get creative and "jimmy rig" it somehow. Just think of any way you can get those clips to be solid but yet able to be taken off at the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get frustrated! It takes a little time and you will learn to read those boards like a book. I don't even use tattle tale flags. I set my clickers lite so any hit should give a click. I also use TT40's and they tend to pull the rear of the board down because they dive hard. If I notice a board sitting more level I know that I'm dragging something. Just give yourself time to learn to read those boards and you won't need all that other stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

It was pretty hard to read the fish the same size as my bandit today in the waves lol... Good point though. The thing you do is the thing you learn so just keep at it and it'll come. I'm still learning a lot. And for eyecrazy, what about waves changing the amount of pull on the boards compared to tiny fish with the clickers?