To the point about not sharing... it always irritated me. If there aren't enough fish in the lake for everyone to enjoy it, we shouldn't be fishing for them, period. There are, so stop being greedy, if that's something you do. Remember in the 80s and early 90s (for those who were fishing then) when you'd regularly find a tight pack of 1000 boats all drifting, casting and dragging forward weight spinners? More than a few times we all had to start up and move to avoid a collision. There was no useful internet then, but people were happy to share on the marine radio or at the docks. Some charter captains aside, who when asked where they got the fish, would hook their finger into their mouth and say, "right here!"

I don't always find the fish, but when I do am happy to share.

As to the unrelated bones issue... if you have bones in your filet, not to be judgemental here... but either you or whoever you hire is doing a really bad job in cleaning the fish. Yeah, sometimes after cutting the filet free of the fish I find a few bones, usually in predictable spots- namely from the ribs at the rear of the guts, where the filet is at its' widest. The last step after cutting free the skin is to feel around that area and trim any of those out, and a final check before cooking. I think in the past 10 years I've gotten a fish bone in my throat maybe once? Found one chewing maybe 1-2 times more?

If you're grilling the fish whole or something, that's another matter. A walleye or perch isn't as forgiving of that treatment as a trout is, and I can see the issue then. Usually a few pin bones break off as you flake the meat off the fish. But I guess I feel that after the expense and time to go GET them, after having killed the fish, it is only proper to take due time and diligence in cleaning it well, not hacking it up.

Though I still have a piece of dry bread on hand to eat if needed.