Well my Lowrance is 12 years old and I've been thinking about upgrading for a couple of years now. I jacked my boat up off the trailer today to replace a couple of skids and ended up busting my transducer when I set it back down. At this point I think I will go ahead and upgrade.

After doing a quick internet search I found that a lot has changed in 12 years! After reading what the internet had to say on the subject I thought I would come here where I trust my fellow fisherman who are fishing the same lake I am to get their opinions on what has been working best for our type of fishing.

I have a small boat - 21 ft and don't have a ton of room so I will again be looking for a finder with GPS combo. I want something that will still give me good readings at high speeds and like everyone else I would like to have great detail. I'm not the most tech savy guy so ease of operation would be good - but I am capable of learning new things too. Any insight or advice from my friends here would be greatly appreciated.