Flare Kit Flare Kit Flare Kit Flare Kit
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Flare Kit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

X2 on the Towing Insurance!!! This topic alone deserves its own thread. Just Do It!!!

Less than $80 per year most times for unlimited boat tow. I have never used it but ..... my time will come. I still consider it to be worth every penny just for piece of mind. Especially when I have less than seasoned guests onboard.

Told an old friend to buy it last year, he laughed. First time out last year, 2 miles out of Huron and he lost all power. $600 on the credit card. bet he buys it now.
    Dave(snothere)
    2352 Trophy Hardtop WA
    Channel Grove Marina
    Sammy the Lucky Golden

Post Thanks / Like

Check with your own regular boat insurance policy as well. After this conversation last year I talked to my insurance (progressive) company and added this and an enhanced roadside towing service being I was traveling further with the boat - it was like only $40 a year for both. It did cover the same options for open water service/ towing as the more expensive individual policies, plus a great add on for on the road in case a wheel bearing or whatever went bad.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both towing insurance on my boat policy and also Rescue Marine. The towing through the boat insurance policy does not cover taking me back to my dock of origin from ANYWHERE on Lake Erie. If I choose to go 18 miles West for a Spring Jig bite, and I am only 3-4 miles off shore in the Western Basin (still 18 miles from my dock), my insurance policy will take me to shore... but not 18 miles. Same holds true if I go 18 miles East to Vermillion...

With Rescue Marine you register your place of docking and they tow you back to your dock from anywhere on the Lake... Something to check into and be aware of.

-Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Rescue Marine for sure. Just got my renewal in todays mail. A few years back, I was 16 miles out with a dead engine and a serious squall on it's way. That lake went from flat to 3-5s in 10 minutes. Wet ride back and seriously puckered but they towed me right to my dock in West Harbor. A guy with me kissed the ground. I think they're headquartered at Schrock's. Great people and worth every dime.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember that the Boating and Fishing Regulations are fully enforced on Lake Erie.
    Here is a link to the ODNR guide on what must be carried on your boat:-

http://watercraft.ohiodnr.gov/requiredequipment
    Roy Page
    Morning Mist II - Pursuit 3000 Express
    Call Roy Page on Channel 79
    Vermilion Ohio
    YouTube Walleye Fishing Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EdlWtjSet3fYh9