Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman86 View Post
I like the Church "The Walleye" boards for two reasons. You don't have to replace the clips as soon as you buy them and they have an extra pin/clip to keep the board on the line when it comes out of the clips while fighting a fish. I wanted to add that I have nothing negative to say about offshore boards other than they don't have the extra pin/clip to keep the board on your line. When the other two clips come off. I can't even count the number of times that has kept me from having to circle back to pick up a board, and since they're the same price I don't know why you wouldn't want them.

I'd recommend running 17 lb mono (thanks Ebijack!) instead of braid with any in line board. I've run in line weights, cranks and TT40s and they work with all of them. I wouldn't recommend anything over the TT40s off of the TX-22/The Walleye boards though.
I agree with everything you have written. Both boards deserve the reputation that they have, they are both made in America and both get the job done. I personally use the Church boards in the TX-22 model and use braid instead of mono. Almost without fail if there is a report of a lost board it is the OffShore boards that are lost. There are a couple of fixes for that problem, one is expensive and the other is rather cheap.