Quote Originally Posted by Carpn View Post
We got checked a few yrs ago as we were pulling anchor to head in . WO counted and said we were 1 over . He just kept the fish and didn't fine us . Later while cleaning our fish we recounted and had 89 perch.
that's a real bummer for sure. I've been checked hundreds of times over the yrs and the one time that we got checked was the only time we were over. and we did learn from our mistake. we always count our fish when we are close to getting our limit and count again when we get our limit

and d.d.e. I wasn't insinuating that you was anything but respectful to the officer that got you. you stated in your 1st post that you knew you were in the wrong. and I'm sorry if I sounded like I was saying anything bad about your experience. the dnr has a job to do and not all the people they have to deal with accepts that its there mistake. we as sportsman should always follow the laws. and if we make a mistake we should be ready to step up and accept that the dnr is there to protect our resource. sometimes they may be a little tough. but on the other hand we don't know what they had to deal with on there other encounters.