Good morning,
I own a 1983 23’ Sea Ox, Cuddy Cabin with a 1991 225 HP Yamaha V6 outboard, nothing fancy but a great fishing boat. I purchased my boat in August 2014, so this is only my second full season fishing on it. I also have a 2011 Mercury 9.9 kicker/trolling motor, never mounted. I read the forum at least 3 x’s a week, in reading the posts I have become very interested in trolling, I’ve never trolled in my life, but I want to begin next season. I am somewhat familiar with some of the terms but still a lot to learn. My question to you experienced boaters; can someone please advise me on some beginning equipment that I can use to get started? Also where is a good place to shop for trolling equipment? Although I go out by myself a lot, my boat can fish four adults comfortably, so I guess I would start with enough equipment for four, if it’s expensive I will begin with two. I don’t necessarily have to have the best equipment on the market, but I never go with the cheapest. Time is not really an issue as I plan on purchasing the equipment over the winter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.