Stopped by Ottowa County's finest! Stopped by Ottowa County's finest! Stopped by Ottowa County's finest! Stopped by Ottowa County's finest!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dand View Post
    but how many charter guys pull rods when they have a full charter with only one more fish to catch
    Not trying to start argument but.
    None, that I know of sence it is not illegal. All rods in play until last fish is in my possession in the cooler.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SPOONFEEDER View Post
    Not trying to start argument but.
    None, that I know of sence it is not illegal. All rods in play until last fish is in my possession in the cooler.
    Right on SPOONFEEDER the law is the law and it is not Illegal to continue fishing even if you have your limit either Iced down or in the live well. You just can not keep any more fish of that species unless you can and do release(cull) a healthy one.

In the following provided link scroll down to the fishing section, click on rules. This is addressed in the very first question.

http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/stay-inf...sked-questions

Here is a copy and paste of the question and the answer!

Can I release a smaller fish to replace it with a bigger one to stay within my limit?

You can release smaller fish for bigger fish to stay within your limit. This is called “culling.” The released fish must be alive. If a person releases a dead fish to replace with a live fish of the same species to stay within their bag limit, both of the fish, live and dead, are counted and that person could then be charged with exceeding the daily bag limit for those fish. Also note that it is illegal to give any of your fish to anyone else to contribute to their limit.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip