So decided to take momma and the boy on a late morning perching trip yesterday. We are 2 hours south of the lake so I try to watch the conditions as close as I can. Head up hoping for NOAA to hit it spot on with a forecast of sweet winds 10 knots or less. Beautiful run across to rattlesnake area from catawba. Get set start pulling up decent perch 8 to 9s and bam! Felt the change in wind instantly picking up harder from southwest. New it was going to get uncomfortable very soon for the family. Picked up and rolled back. Was a very short trip but no fish worth having my 11 year old say he never wants to go back. Get back to catawba ramp and gentleman who was running an older skeeter said he had to run with bilge pump on whole trip back from put in Bay area. Had a young man aboard as well. Point being that after 30 years of running this water one would think that maybe just maybe the forecasters could be much more accurate. Yes I know that mother nature is uncontrollable and always will be but..........come on technology!