Ahhhh, I am so frustrated! First year fishing Lake Erie. Boat at Channel Grove. Read reports EVERY day. Started the year doing fairly well jigging, but things have gone to pot the last month or so. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Typically we fish around Kelleys, try to follow reports on location. Using Offshore boards, 18# mono, 24' Glastron WA, 200hp outboard, Lowrance HDS Gen 3 fishfinder, Lowrance autopilot, trolling bags to keep speed about 2 mph, although we have tried going slower (1.5) and faster (2.2). Just can't seem to get on 'em. Usually just two of us in the boat (me and my son), so we only have four lines in the water. We have tried:
Bandits: every conceivable distance back. Anywhere from 40' to 120'. All off in-line boards.
Spoons: off dipsy divers on the corners. Usually 22' back, 6ft 18# leader, #1 dipsy
Worm harness: 40TT, in-line boards, 6ft 18# leader

I'm really not a fan of drifting/casting, so we are trying everything we can to learn to catch fish trolling. Usually out once or twice a week. I did recently get a set of big boards from Skipper9, still trying to get used to them. We are getting good at Offshore boards.

We live two hours from PC, so we usually get a late start (8am). But we are out ALL DAY and into the evening. Surely, we could catch something during that time. Saturday 6/18, got three shorts and lots of junk, so we are getting something, just not any keepers.

I readily accept ANY information, tips, tricks, or help you cam throw my way. Call, email, text, heck send me smoke signals......I am so frustrated. Jim (Skipper9) has been helpful, but I don't want to keep bugging him. Would love to meet and talk to others.

Tom
[email protected]
(330) 605-4837