Calling all casters Calling all casters Calling all casters Calling all casters
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love casting too. Spent an hour Saturday night 5/28 casting with my 11 yo. We were just south of Clinton reef. We caught a fish almost every cast with harnesses. must have caught a dozen undersize walleyes though a couple were 15 inches. I like them a bit bigger since I have some if freezer already. Sunday morning same area to north of Catawba green can. We caught 40 walleye to keep 5 up to 18 inches. Harnesses and erie deeries pulled the meat. Then on Monday morning with my 16 yo, we caught 9 walleye in couple hours and let them all go. A few were 15 or 16 inches. So plenty of action right out of my harbor. Catawba Orchard Beach. The water was warm enough for tubing in the afternoons, so my whole family was happy.
    Rickerd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickerd View Post
    I love casting too. Spent an hour Saturday night 5/28 casting with my 11 yo. We were just south of Clinton reef. We caught a fish almost every cast with harnesses. must have caught a dozen undersize walleyes though a couple were 15 inches. I like them a bit bigger since I have some if freezer already. Sunday morning same area to north of Catawba green can. We caught 40 walleye to keep 5 up to 18 inches. Harnesses and erie deeries pulled the meat. Then on Monday morning with my 16 yo, we caught 9 walleye in couple hours and let them all go. A few were 15 or 16 inches. So plenty of action right out of my harbor. Catawba Orchard Beach. The water was warm enough for tubing in the afternoons, so my whole family was happy.
    Rickerd
    Thanks for the update. Will be heading up to Marblehead tonight with my 2 boys and will try to get out tomorrow & Saturday - weather permitting. I will try to remember to post a report.