Calling all casters Calling all casters Calling all casters Calling all casters
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El_Skipper View Post
    Hello, went out yesterday however got a very late start. Went casting yesterday around mouse island using some worm harnesses with purple blades as well as some chartreuse blades. Pulled a couple out however have had quite the issue with 13-15 inch eyes. For as many of the smaller fish that I have caught, our numbers should be tremendous in a couple years. Moved on over towards Port Clinton about 2 miles west of Catawba and a mile to mile and a half south west of catawba can. Same set up with a different colored blades....still only caught those smaller number of fish. A lot of white bass however the thick of the spawn for them is going on right now!

Is anyone else casting right now or am I just a tad to early? If so, where are you going if you are located around the catawba area?
    We were in the same general area yesterday - around Mouse and dodging the ferries. I keep my boat in West Harbor and hoped to find them close to home. Our results were similar to yours. I thought it was just me but based on the posts here, I guess that's not true. I also enjoy casting more than trolling so we'll just keep trying. Good luck fellow casters!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobM1969 View Post
    We were in the same general area yesterday - around Mouse and dodging the ferries. I keep my boat in West Harbor and hoped to find them close to home. Our results were similar to yours. I thought it was just me but based on the posts here, I guess that's not true. I also enjoy casting more than trolling so we'll just keep trying. Good luck fellow casters!

I agree I have much more fun casting and playing the game of feeling the bite and then winning the war on reeling them in! My boat is no where set up to troll and I cannot get the throttle to go slow enough. Im hoping to create a few very good contacts that are in the east harbor/west harbor/catawba area to share "hot spots" with for perch and walleye a like.

I am out of Midway Marina in west Harbor.