The Program for Catching Walleye The Program for Catching Walleye The Program for Catching Walleye The Program for Catching Walleye
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishonphil View Post
    Good post Matt, everyone has to start somewhere and it's good to know there are people out there that are willing to help.
    Don't really know if I deserve to be on your list , but thanks.
    Trolling is a whole different ball game that puts fish in the boat and I learn something new each time out.
    I do have a question for you, do you strictly troll now or do you like to drop back to old school and drift and cast?

Cheers
    Lol... I know that you are new, but you contribute and you share. That was the point to my post, I wasn't trying to give any one person credit as much as share a personal experience. You joined this year and engage conversation and share in here quite often.

In regards to trolling or casting... I LOVE the jig bite when it's hot! If I can go limit on a hot jig bite or go trolling for trophies, I'll jig!

There is nothing like going out to the reefs and casting some meat and catching walleye. I love to go out and relax... However, I am not a captain and usually have friends with me that I bring up and they are after the "Walleye of a lifetime" and for me the odds of that monster 32" 15lb walleye being caught are much better if I troll. I have my spinning rods on board all the time.

If I could catch the same class of fish consistently on the reefs during the Summer as I can trolling then I would cast / drift over trolling. You just can't cover the same ground and I don't seem to catch the large class of fish (on a regular consistent basis) when casting.

But, yes, I still love to hold a rod and feel the fish hit!

-Matt

-Matt
    Last edited by Madd Matt; 04-30-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Catching program

I'm a newbie this is my first year trolling for walleye and fishing Lake Erie I met a captain skipper9 jim who has helped me every step of the way setting up my boat to equipment to buy I learn something new every weekend and now this weekend I'm moving up to the big boards I'm little nervous but I think it will be awesome I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions for him and another great thing is my boat is at channel grove and all the captains there are very helpful I look forward every weekend coming here to fish thanks again jim