That is the clips I have on the rear. So if you use it on front what do you use on the rear to keep it from coming completely off?
I bought my boards used, have tattle flags installed, has those clips rear, and or 18 up front. We end up having to double loop the rear to keep the line from sliding through, so maybe those need more adjustment. When the line slides through then of course the flag does not work If you like the 18 clips and they work for you, you can place them on the rear and the super clips on the front. Or adjust the super clips, tighten the screw enough where you can not pull the line out. If you do not have the super clips, those have not tightened down as tight as the super clips for me to work on braid. The pads on mine lasted 6 to 7 yrs before having to replace the clips, but now I run mono, no more braid for me on board lines. Just preference.

I follow how if the front comes off how it falls out of formation, which would help our tangle situation, plus then only have 1 clip to release not 2. That would also allow if I wanted to change to depth of middle or outside boards get them back and over the inside lines. Yes
I assumed the deepest to the inside, but after a few fish and shuffling in lines down the deeper ends up outside. Should I not be shuffling lines like big boards, Not needed, the distance a board and depth a bait are running from the boat tells you a bit of info on how spooky the fish are if that is the only board taking fish.
if the outside line comes in, should it just go out straight back far enough to go back to the outside if not changing it's depth and it is staying the shortest lead Yes