Quote Originally Posted by limitlypps View Post
when you are fishing big boards, when you get through the still pack , do circle to the outside of the pack and work your way back in line with the others doing so especially when you have a consistent wave action, guys with smaller board will go through, make the pass with the waves, pick up, and circle outside to go back to set up once again. Running through the pack to get back is NOT a friendly gesture. You will get sneered upon.I personally usually don't run through the pack out of respect to my fellow fisherman.I still get fish on the outer peripheries much to there gazing on chagrin. lol there's nothing more frustrating when there's folks trolling through the troughs of the waves counter to what most other troller's are doing....... so yes I guess there's sort of a trolling protocol when you get out there just to make us all happy campers.
Think like a truck driver mentality on a turn and like a person in a combine with a spread. Sounds stupid but that gives me an idea about distance and the concept on the water and also starboard and port understanding is nice. I was in the Navy so I get it.