Question to the Captains about trolling courtesy & protocol in a pack Question to the Captains about trolling courtesy & protocol in a pack Question to the Captains about trolling courtesy & protocol in a pack Question to the Captains about trolling courtesy & protocol in a pack
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If I might suggest

when you are fishing big boards, when you get through the still pack , do circle to the outside of the pack and work your way back in line with the others doing so especially when you have a consistent wave action, guys with smaller board will go through, make the pass with the waves, pick up, and circle outside to go back to set up once again. Running through the pack to get back is NOT a friendly gesture. You will get sneered upon.I personally usually don't run through the pack out of respect to my fellow fisherman.I still get fish on the outer peripheries much to there gazing on chagrin. lol there's nothing more frustrating when there's folks trolling through the troughs of the waves counter to what most other troller's are doing....... so yes I guess there's sort of a trolling protocol when you get out there just to make us all happy campers.

Post Thanks / Like

its a lot easier to give way even when you are not the give way vessel chance of heart attack and hair loss a lot less than playing chicken all day with the other boats. you do get in a bind once in awhile you just hope the other boat understands why you cut it a little close

Post Thanks / Like

My time is money also, so just because you charter for a living and pull a 100ft wide path, it doesn't mean you own the lake! I got cursed out by a "captain" I use that term loosely because I didn't move out of his way quick enough. I have video of the altercation and will be turning it in to the authorities. The next time this happens, I will chop up your lines so bad you'll be retying for hours. See if your customers like that cluster, and you'll be the one to blame. I hope your reading this, you know who you are.
    Last edited by Divers Down; 04-20-2016 at 07:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by limitlypps View Post
    when you are fishing big boards, when you get through the still pack , do circle to the outside of the pack and work your way back in line with the others doing so especially when you have a consistent wave action, guys with smaller board will go through, make the pass with the waves, pick up, and circle outside to go back to set up once again. Running through the pack to get back is NOT a friendly gesture. You will get sneered upon.I personally usually don't run through the pack out of respect to my fellow fisherman.I still get fish on the outer peripheries much to there gazing on chagrin. lol there's nothing more frustrating when there's folks trolling through the troughs of the waves counter to what most other troller's are doing....... so yes I guess there's sort of a trolling protocol when you get out there just to make us all happy campers.
    Think like a truck driver mentality on a turn and like a person in a combine with a spread. Sounds stupid but that gives me an idea about distance and the concept on the water and also starboard and port understanding is nice. I was in the Navy so I get it.