Question to the Captains about trolling courtesy & protocol in a pack Question to the Captains about trolling courtesy & protocol in a pack Question to the Captains about trolling courtesy & protocol in a pack Question to the Captains about trolling courtesy & protocol in a pack
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

One quick comment: many of the larger boats (especially charters) are using auto-pilot. They may or may not be watching what's in front of them all the time. Since I'm in a smaller boat and always have someone driving, it is easier for me to stay out of their way rather than expect them to make an adjustment. Just common sense. Makes for a better day for everyone. Share the road. Enjoy the lake. It's supposed to be fun.

Great pics from Dave! I am looking forward to getting on the Lake soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I was making a north troll around the niagra area sunday heading to c can and had a boat off my port and starboard quarter so I had no room to maneuver when off in the distance to my port side hear comes a blue and white thompson pulling big boards 200' out each side trolling east with plenty of room off his port side to give way but instead just kept comming straight for me. Had to finally put kicker in reverse and make a 90 degree left turn with trolling motor while pulling all my lines to keep from having a collision with his board, missed by less than 10 feet all the while getting f-bombed and mother f*** by this guy for not knowing the right of way on the water. Correct me if I am wrong coming head on port to port is the proper procedure unless other circumstances prevail and when coming at each other at a 90 degree angle starboard side boat has the right of way which I was and could not maneuver but he had plenty of room to maneuver did not need him to make a sharp turn just give way a little....am I right or wrong? Forgot to mention that most of the boats in the area were trolling north and south but this guy was cutting a path 400' wide east and west