Ultimate Fishing Town 2013 Port Colborne,Ontario Ultimate Fishing Town 2013 Port Colborne,Ontario Ultimate Fishing Town 2013 Port Colborne,Ontario Ultimate Fishing Town 2013 Port Colborne,Ontario
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTBRIAN View Post
    Since this contest was brought to our attention I made a vote. And I will tell you who I voted for. PORT CLINTON OHIO
    Great to know I was able to help you vote for Port Clinton Ohio! Guys lets start over. I want to first appologize if I over stepped any forum boundaries here. I never had any intention of starting things off in a bad sense or invade on this great page of Walley information. My intentions were all positive and nothing negative at all. Maybe my family heritage was a bad way to start. With that being said... My Great Grandfather is the relation. I personally have nothing to do with the fisheries what so ever. I just thought it may create a relation, but didn't imagine it would be a negative one. I love the sport of fishing, I want to help out in every way I can. The good news is... Both Canada and USA will have their own winner. One winner here, and one winner in the states. With that being said. How is Port Clinton doing so far in the votes?? I propose a TEAM up. I can get members from our committe to vote for Port Clinton if you can also send votes Port Colborne Ontario's way?? This is how last years winners took the top prize for 2012. Please let me know your thoughts. And I sincerly hope my appology is taken well. Best Regards and Fish hard and have fun!!!

Post Thanks / Like

First let me say that I am only accepting your apology because you offered it, as there really was no need to extend one. So in turn I am offering you my apology also. You and the rest of the Minor family have nothing to be ashamed of in your collective Heritage, your family has been very successful business persons and commercial fishermen for over 100 years. With your last 2 post you have cleared up a lot of the fog surrounding your intent and position on conservation and real reason for asking us for our help. I am now going to offer you a piece of advice about sport fishing forums. It is being offered to you as a friend and not as an adversary.
    If you are affiliated in anyway with a commercial fishing operation on the Great Lakes, active or not or only through being a relative. It would probably be in your best interest if you kept that info to yourself. For what ever reason Sport fishing persons and commercial fishing interests do not cohabitate very well in forum environments. Sport fishing people have a distinct distrust about the Commercial fishing industry both Ohio and Canadian. They tend to blame the industry for all of the population valleys(declines) and give them no credit what so ever for the peaks(high population) that eventually comes along after a large quota reduction that is imposed on both sport and commercial fishing. With that being said I want to extend a belated welcome aboard greeting to you! I hope that you succeed in wining the Canadian division of this contest.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Link to Port Clinton's vote page, I thought I voted but it is still at 1. I don't have a facebook page so I am glad they gave me another option to vote with.

http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/u...portclinton-oh

We got a lot of catching up to do in 15 days, tell your friends you would think the area with so many charter services would be higher on the list.

Edit since I voted with an email address it made me verify my account in order to count the vote.
    Last edited by miso_ohio; 04-17-2013 at 05:29 PM.