Spoons and ? Spoons and ? Spoons and ? Spoons and ?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spoons and ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spoons ?

Wow !! Nice responses on the "wormburners" and had to reply:

Ebi : Nice looking spoons but looks to be abit time consuming to make for one to make for 2 boats without a knowing if they make a difference as an option.

Mike : Thundermist along with Domka Outdoors and Gale Force sell them. To me there is little differences in the spoons they all use which look like Mi. Stingers which are my primary spoons and homemade harnesses but I have a few of the "wormburners" from each of the above mfg. to try this year.

Greg : Nice to here from ya, what is your opinion as to the Thundermists did they produce a better bite at a time when things sloooowed down our are they just another something to try?

Wakina : I now have a batch of "wormburners" that are close to resembling a few of my favorite spoons and have worm harnesses I prepared to resemble each I'll be busy trying remember what it catching and what is not and really it's
    just a game of chance .

CHANCE...... A little woman walking through a Indian Reservation noticed that when a woman went up to a Chief and raised her hand and said HOW his response was to raise his hand in return and say CHANCE.... The little womans curiosity overtook her and confronted him as to why his reply was only CHANCE instead or HOW. His response was KNOW HOW,,,,JUST WANT CHANCE....

Gene

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wormburners

I dont use the wormburners, (yet). A neighboring captain and friend use them during the summer and have good success. Not sure of the brand though. I mainly pull cranks and spoons during the summer when I do troll. I mainly drift but now and then I troll on flat days.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Btweenshots, they are easy to make. I have caught a few fish on them, but like mentioned, I catch more fish on reg. spoons or harnesses to mess with those much. I haven't seen enough of an advantage. I've made them with and without beads etc. And taken a fish here and there. More guys on Saginawbay run them with better results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twopugsforme View Post
    Doesnt thundermist make a spoon like this? Havent used one, was wondering if anyone has used a thundermist spoon? would hate to spend the money to find out they dont run true, dont want to fight the lure all day long.Also ,this trolling thing is new to me, starting to outfit the boat/tackle.Can anyone give advice to brand, sizes, and colors of spoons. Would like to start buying a few. Thanks Mike
    Last year it seems that any spoon in the Michigan Stinger Scorpion and Wolverine Tackle Junior Streak sized spoons in Purple with a copper backs caught alot of fish, then there is that magical Jager Bomb color that caught alot of fish, and it was mentioned frequently by Skipper9 in his fishing reports, it is available by name in both Michigan Stinger Scorpion and Wolverine Tackle Junior Streak. Beyond that I can't give you any more colors but the copper backed spoons seemed to be the better producers at least in our marina in 2011. I have provided a link to the Stinger color version of Jager Bomb and both the Stingers and Jr. Streaks were available in Jager Bomb at Fishermans Wharf in Port Clinton last summer.

http://www.auroralitestackle.com/ima...oons-page4.htm
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip