Trolly Fishing How Too'S Trolly Fishing How Too'S Trolly Fishing How Too'S Trolly Fishing How Too'S
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    waterdog Guest

Default Trolling~ Fishing How Too'S

I dont troll, mainly because I am not sure really how to get started. So I started this thread so those of you who know how to troll in lake Erie could give "newbies" like me some how toos, and the best how toos to get started.
    So thanks in advance for your tips!
    Last edited by waterdog; 07-18-2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

since no one has helped you out yet, I will suggest you goto ohiogamefishing.com site. They had a question like this over the last week or so that has great information.

Rickerd

smallboatwalleye Guest

If you can afford it, go on a charter once and pay attention to what they do.
    There is a gander mountain in Sheffield that has a couple seminars a year for walleye fishing. Maybe try to find something like that. There are tons of things to know and learn. Here are a few. 1.5 to 2 mph, I have found that crawler harnesses work just about all year. Allways try multiple colors and depths. I usually change colors or lures every 1/2 hour or so. I use jets and dipseys. I run the jets straight back and the dipseys out to the side(I don't have boards). Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

trolling is easy: I use off shore planner boards, about $25.00 each. I use worn harnesses, which I make myself. They are about 5 inches long with colored beads, spinner, a single hook with a trebel hook. I use a 3/4 oz bell sinker about a foot above the harness. Locate the fish. 25 ft. down, run your line 100 ft. out before you attach the board. Let the line out far enough so the board tracks out to the side of your boat. Trolling speed is crucial, only 05 mph. When you have a fish on, the board will race to the back of the boat. Becareful when taking the board off as you do not want any slack in the line. There are right and left side boards.

Post Thanks / Like

We troll using jets and dipsey divers. Worms are awesome weapons too. We are using big boards with 6 jets a side and we can also run 3 dipsey's aside depending on the crew. Speed may be the most important thing to trolling. Anyone can troll but if you dont have your speed dialed in you will be wasting a lot of gas. Dont know what kind of boat you run or how slow you can go but early spring slower the better and of course as it heats up you can boost your speed to around or even a little over 2.0 mph