wind vs fish wind vs fish wind vs fish wind vs fish
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: wind vs fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default wind vs fish

Hello everyone I was looking for some info on wind direction and were to fish.
    I'm coming up 3-7 and going to fish the islands, primarly Kelly's. I got the weather report it is showing a eastern wind for every day. I normally don't ask for so much help but I'm bringing two newbees up and I want them to have a good time and hopefully get addicted like me. Any advice would be helpful

thanks

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wind direction and fish activity

There is a definate corralation between wind direction and fish activity. Although the complete reasons are not well understood (as far as I know), there are some factors that play a role.

1. Wind direction and speed change the currents in Lake Erie. Fish usually search out water that is most to their liking at any given time (clarity, oxygen content, temperature, PH, forage fish, etc.). If on Monday you find and are catching walleye in 20 foot of water that is moderately stained or muddy, they are there for a reason. If the wind changes direction, that water may shift from where it was on Monday to where it is on Wednesday, or another place nearby will become that clarity. If the Monday spot isn't producing on Wednesday, look for water that is similar to what you fished in on Monday. That's just one example of how to deal with wind direction changes.
    2. "Wind from the east, fish bite the least" is a solid fact on Lake Erie. The stronger the east / northeast wind, the more likely the fishing will be poor. A light to moderate east / northeast wind doesn't automatically mean the fishing will be poor, but it usually isn't a good sign.

3. I've scuba dived in Lake Erie at a spot on one day and saw lots of fish. Came back two days later to the same spot and didn't see a fish. I've fished a spot in the evening and got a three man limit in two hours. Came back to the same spot the next morning (conditions where the same) and caught one walleye in 3 hours. Walleye move around quite a bit. If you are not catching fish at one spot and you've tried several methods, move. Even if you are marking fish on the fish finder, they may not be feeding or active fish.

4. Good Charter Captains and fishermen have spent years learning Lake Erie walleye patterns and behaviors. It takes a lot of time, patience, and trial-and-error. Talk with as many fishermen as you can. The key is finding active fish. Once you've found active fish, the rest is relatively easy.

West

IGTTO213 Guest

Exclamation Lost Purse

A lady lost her handbag. It was found by an honest little boy and returned to her. Looking in her purse, she commented, "Hmmm.... That's funny. When I lost my bag there was a $20 bill in it. Now there are twenty $1 bills." The boy quickly replied, "That's right, lady. The last time I found a lady's purse, she didn't have any change for a reward." No money no way in real life,no gold no way in game!