going up this weekend going up this weekend going up this weekend going up this weekend
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default going up this weekend

Guys im going to give it one more try out of turtle either fri. mor. or sun and mon. should i use jigs or start using harnesses or weight forward spinners dont want to have another bad day. any help and advise would be appricated.

Post Thanks / Like

All of the above. Rather than weight forward, perhaps try the "weapon" type set up. Try a 1 hook leader, blade and beads of your choice, have a knot on the leader end that is open, slide a bead over the loop to the knot and then thread the loop through a colored egg sinker and hook to a swivel. I like silver blades, green beads, silver egg sinker. 1/2 oz-3/4 oz work great. Single hook the worm through the head and pinch it off at the clitellum (ring around the worm).

_egg_.._____________________--......__hook_>

BizWiz516 Guest

Harness is getting it done now. The males are about done milking and heading to the deeper water pattern. Try deep water north of the reefs. I love north of kelleys about this time of year. Start on the reef and drift east into deeper water. It goes to 40 ft after a nice hr drift. You will get nice eyes there.

Post Thanks / Like

North of Kellys is a great spot. There is always fish there. My favorite is on the line by Middle on the East side or between Middle Island and North Bass. Nice deep flat covered in hungry eyes. It just sucks I will be in Texas this weekend.

BizWiz516 Guest

Smile

We'll be fishing there for the 3 day weekend...We are docking at put in bay friday and saturday. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drift fishing

Went out last weekend west of bessy diden,t do to well. But after talking to others i know what i did wrong. Should have used a drift sock. Need to slow the drift.