A little help please. A little help please. A little help please. A little help please.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    jamess2008 Guest

Default A little help please.

Would like to come down tommorow. Looked at the wave forecast. Said 1-2 footers tommorow. But the wind is 10-15 ssw. Have a 21 foot bass boat but would like some experienced guys guess. Ive been down there several times over the past few years. Dont really like anything over 3 footers. I would appreciate any suggestions. Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamess2008 View Post
    Would like to come down tommorow. Looked at the wave forecast. Said 1-2 footers tommorow. But the wind is 10-15 ssw. Have a 21 foot bass boat but would like some experienced guys guess. Ive been down there several times over the past few years. Dont really like anything over 3 footers. I would appreciate any suggestions. Jim
    I believe you will be fine nearshore. Go easy and don't venture out beyond 5 miles off shore. Launch near where you will fish. Try to make company with someone at the ramp and establish communication. Make sure you have all safety equipment especially anchor and 200 ft of rope. I strongly advise everyone invest in towing insurance. They will come and get you, no questions, and pretty quick.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile winds and waves on maumee bay

fished sat from 7.00 to 11.00 am. at seven waves were 2 ft plus at green
    and white bouy half way to habor light, at 11/00 am the waves were five feet
    couldn't feel bottom with ounce jig in 9 feet of water, even the charters were having a hard time with it, we are in a 23 ft. heavy fiberglass boat, just judge the winds with sat. morning for good rule of thumb, it was a s.w wind, fish are very scattered charters are having a tough time at it.

jamess2008 Guest

Went out of the Portage river. Went out to the northeast to start cause wanted to try something away from where everybody else. Marked some fish holding tight to bottom and got a couple of hits but didnt land any. Went northwest of portage river where the head boats and other boats were. Same thing couple of hits seen a couple of nets dig. Was trying all hair jigs tipped. Was pissed off I left all my blade baits in my ice fishing box. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. At least I went in and caught some bass. Jim

fishnhunt Guest

james,

we had good luck this weekend after we launced from wild wings in about 13-14 fow of water. Black w/ white hair jig tipped was our best jig but purple had bites too. Best method we found was a slow lift off the bottom up about 8-12" and tight line it back down. Only had a couple that really hit hard, the rest took it right off the bottom. All we could feel was weight when we started to lift the jigs. Also, the fish hit the best between 5:30am and 7:30am and more bites were had the deeper the drift took us. Hopefully this will help put some fish in the box for you. Good luck if you are headed out tomorrow.