New type diver New type diver New type diver New type diver
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New type diver

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    Wakina, it's great to see you took great intrest on this diver, you shure did your homework! now that I read the info it does say it rises in the water once it is tripped,NOT good, this also jarred my brain, I watched Mark Romanac 411 and I noticed that most of the walleye he caught were skipping across the surface of the water. How much fun could that be? I think I'm sticking with the jet divers. Thanks for all your help!!!! PAP
    PAP,
    I am always looking for an improvement to my current fishing system, but I refuse to change if it does not, after some research, appear that it would be a beneficial improvement large enough to make the cost worth it. Been fishing to long and spent to much money in my foolish younger days on just such things to just jump into a change that would cost in the neighborhood of $40 to $50 including the shipping, just to switch 4 rods over to a new system such as this tadpole diver. There is no doubt that this is an excellent diver for salmon which are typically larger and fight harder and found in deeper water but not for walleyes who don't have near as much fight. I also assume that these divers are not made out of plastic as they are powder coated which takes heat to cure I believe 250 to 350 degrees, they probably don't float like a jet does and most likely sink if you slow down to fight a fish or if you make a fairly tight turn, so in the western basin, especially around the reefs they could get hung up rather easy, most likely resulting in their loss. This is just my thoughts and my opinion as to what it takes for me to change from one system to another.
    Last edited by wakina; 03-23-2011 at 12:17 PM.