Quote Originally Posted by Madd Matt View Post
Wakina,

I agree completely with you... except that I would like to assure you that 99% of the captains at Channel Grove are still top notch and I would go with almost any of them there. Please don't let one bad apple ruin your opinion. There are over 200 slips there and they are bound to have one or two that aren't the best. I am not a charter, I simply fun fish on my private boat so I have no stake in the charter business at Channel Grove, and I am not promoting any specific captain. But Channel Grove is still by far the premiere marina in the West end and please don't change your opinion on a single docker there.

-Matt

I know that Matt I just did not want to have to single out one particular Captain to avoid! Years ago there was another charter captain there that did not know crap about walleye fishing, yet he would book his trips and then complain when no one would help him. Same old thing but fortunately there was no internet to spread his BS. There was also another one in there that felt he owned certain humps on the East Side of Pelee. We only had Loran-C back then but he would accuse people of getting the coordinates off of his unit if they would happen to be on HIS SPOT.

There is an old saying that goes way back and applies to just about anything that requires skill or knowledge at the professional level. This does not apply to the average recreational fisherman, but should apply to anyone who takes people for hire to catch fish. If you gonna need help and know that before you leave the dock then maybe you should stay on the porch in the first place. There is nothing wrong with developing a network of friends to help you out on those certain blah days that happen to all of us. But one should not be taking people fishing for a fee if they require help almost every time they leave the dock!