Just posting this past weekends painting of the blades that match the in-line weights. Again I prefer Rust-o-leum Gloss colors in neon if available. Note to others though, you don't use much to paint these. A can will last years, I have been using the same cans for over 4-5 years. Make sure to purge the nozzle clean after every use, or you will be going thru spray tips.

Winter tackle upgrade - Arts and Crafts style!-spinner-blades-1-jpg

The detail is just sharpie paint pens. I did end up ordering the glow ones from Luremaking.com, so most of the neon color that is paint pen is glow.

The back stop I received from an old time painter that used to paint Flatfish in Windsor Ontario back before they went out of business/bought out. It has side that hold it up at a 30 degree angle and close it off to the Walmart box fan I put behind. I also hang this expanded felt material to the front side of the fan to collect the excess paint.

My game plan this year is to run the matching in-line weights as decoys and these spinners. As you can see I have a variety of blade types and sizes. Depending on what i fishing for and why, I pick accordingly. Hatches are flat water, Colorado's and Deep cup for wave days. I know there are better flashier blades available, but the engineer brain of mine tells me there is not much difference when the blade is spinning at 50-200 rpm in the water. Does the detail really make a difference other than attracting the Fisherman to it.

I again tie my own Leaders as well. I run a 3 hook string behind my beads and blades. I use a 1/0 hook, then a 1, and last a 2 regardless of where I am fishing. I tend to make the space between the first and second hook an 1" and the last hook at 1.75". I use the whole worm and cut off the last 1/2" of worm so it is bleeding in the water. Seams to attach the bite a bit more. Scent wise.

If you want I'll post the tied spinners when I get them done. Just ask...