Quote Originally Posted by Ltrain View Post
Hey Mike, I own a 72" 120 lb Rhodan. I unfortunately do not have a 6000 lb. boat to give you exact comparisons but i can tell you it's a beast of a motor. I owned a Lund Baron and had the Rhodan on the bow. I also used the kicker with the Rhodan to steer. I will tell you one day out on Lake Michigan I was in 20 mph winds, 3 footers and thought i was trolling with my kicker and the Rhodan. At the end of the day I went to shut off the kicker and realized it was in neutral the whole time, the Rhodan was doing all the work pulling boards for salmon at over 2mph in those waves and wind. Needless to say I was pretty impressed.
If you run the boat as Capt. Porkchop suggests, which is the same way I and I would say most walleye guys do, with the kicker to provide primary propulsion and bow to steer, that the Rhodan will work wonders for you. The Rhodan has great accuracy with spotlock and jog too.
If you have any more questions about the Rhodan motor ask away, I'll be happy to answer if I can. I might even have mine on the market if my brother backs out of buying it.
Good information. Why are you getting rid of the Rhodan? I have read good reviews of the Rhodan on THT forum.