I know I’m late to this thread. I get 1-2 trips per month from April thru November and have been at this for six years. I still consider myself a novice. My crankbait results had been mixed up until the point I started splurging for custom bandits. The custom painters produce really nice lures with metallic finishes. What I’ve noticed is a good assortment of metallic schemed Crankbaits translates to fish in the box when you primarily fish on ‘nice days’ which is what I do. I don’t have any proof of this and really lack the time on the water to make such a statement, but I believe the reason the spoon/diver programs that work so well on a nice summer day have more to do with the metallic nature of spoons than spoon vs crankbait. I’ve found that an IB Frozen custom bandit or stock blue/chrome bandit can catch at similar rates as a purple/chartreuse or blue chrome spoon in the same spread when those colors are working. The crankbaits seem to catch bigger fish and less white bass, white perch, or sheephead though. With the ability to run so many lines, a real easy spread is two dipsy rods per side with spoons and 2-3 board rods per side with custom painted Yozuris or Bandits. I’ll match the spoon colors to the spoons if a particular color is working well and visa versa. If the water is muddy or overcast, then non metallic presentation seems to be better.