I only use braid with a heavy snap swivel no problems. I don't go by the depth charts, they should be in the 25-30' range at 100' out. I just set out from 100 ft of line out up to 40 ft to start out and everywhere in between. Once I start catching fish I move all my rods to whatever that particular depth zone is. Doesn't matter if they're Bandits, Reef Runners, thundersticks, husky jerks, tail dancers, flicker minnows, etc I just cover the water column and let the fish tell me what they want. I haven't had all bandits or all ddhj12 in my spread at once, keep them mixed up. Seems like one particular will be hot one day and no good the next, color is a bigger factor for me than brand. If I don't catch anything I play with speed and direction. If I catch for a while then stop, I turn around.

Last time I had RR, bandits, deep thunderstick, tail dancer, and shadrap all in the same spread, caught fish on all of them, as long as it was orange/red. 40' was the magic number but the shad rap was 70.