recent walleye action recent walleye action recent walleye action recent walleye action
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

The last few weeks of island shoreline fishing has been hit n miss with the winds of fall. The first week of Nov. was really good. Group had a couple nights of huge stringers in knee deep water. Largest was just shy of 12 pounds and next cast was a 10 pounder. The windy nights did produce a few eyes on the leeward side casting off the piers. The cold is now here and pack it in for ol man winter. 4 months off then gear up for spring jigging the reefs for walleye. That rod in hand fishing is what I will always preach. Jigging, castn worm harnesses or casting crankbaits in the shallow reefs. Trollings only is preferred for super clean water and calm days. With all these small walleye hatching over the last 2 years there is no reason that casting and catching walleye with a rod hand shouldnt be the preferred method of the future. Some should remember the days way back when charters would and could run 3 trips a day with limits in a few hours, casting erie dearie type lures with worm. I know there are plenty of trollers ,but customer return and customer smiles count in my book.
    Booking 2016 fishing trips for your preferred method for walleye in spring and all summer. Also the last 4 years the yellow perch have done a rebound in both US and Canadian waters. My last Canadian trip for perch for early Nov and we had solid 2 to a pound with 90 perch weighed 45 pounds.
    My last post for awhile.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah this great jig season looks really awesome, I must say your experiment has been successful. I ca see how hard work was done with a team. All credit goes to a great team that really did lot of thing for this great jig season.