Stik:
Welcome! The guys here will share their experience with you. You should read all of the posts from prior years. Then you wont ask questions that they have answered previously.

Last year it seemed that anyone with a boat that could get out from 20-50 feet of water (fow) off the windmills was catching fish. I saw all methods being successful. Drifting, jigging, trolling, boards, downrigs, lead core, wire, etc....Get out as often as you can, weather permitting, and see what others are doing, and what works for you. A lot depends on how much you want to spend. Deep wide boats, Kicker motors, line counter reels, graphite rods, braided and lead line, etc....all can get VERY expensive. Some of these guys have crankbaits in any size, color and manufacture that you can imagine. Same goes for worm harnesses. Just tons of colors, blade sizes and styles, hook count etc....

My personal strategy is to get a few eaters each time I go out. I do not get hung up on limit catches. I do not spend every last dime on gear. I have fun and enjoy every time out.

I look at each fish I catch closely and carefully. Even a Sheapshead makes me think, "HA, I out-smarted you". I caught a big Catfish last year that took me for a hell of a ride. I threw it back, but it was one of best catches of the season.

ALWAYS keep safety as your #1 priority. Make sure that your boat has all the required gear. Law enforcement was out with a vengeance last year.

Last but not least, fish hard and fish smart! You wont catch fish if you are at home on the couch watching fishing shows!