First of all that's waaaay out of their jurisdiction. I woulda told them to go f themselves. They can't just board your boat without probable cause. Just like they can't start going through your car. They should always ask if they may board your vessel. Unless they see something bad or your driving wrecklessly and drinking, ect. Also they are NOT the dec. They have Absolutly no right to look at and measure your fish. They couldn't write you a ticket if they wanted to. That's a dec officers job ONLY. Lol we got stopped by border patrol one day. Asked to see our life jackets, nothing else. Then asked to see our fish. Then he harrassed me about why I wasn't fishing. I said I was rebaiting my line. Then asked to see our fishing licenses. Well I have my super sportsman in my back tag. So I hold it up and he goes take it out and show me your licence. I said that's all you need to see. We argued. I took it out. And let a 3 ft of tags hang down. Then he goes point to your fishing lisence. I point to my back tag number again. Then we got arguing about it, and I finally told him to shove it and that he was harrass ing us and if he had a problem with me and fishing to get on the radio and call the dec to come out. They just drove away. We were fishing the line that day.
My buddy stopped over last night and said the cops have been brutal this yr. buffalo police too. He got stopped by niagara co sheriffs in the river. Said they were stopping every boat like a check point. They wrote him a ticket for having a small rip in a foam filled life jacket. Mind you he had 4 vests aboard and only two people. He's pissed. Said he's fighting it in court.