When I fillet a Walleye I normally check their stomach to see what they are feeding on. 95% of the time the stomach is empty. Caught one last evening that had a 2 inch partially digested Goby in his belly.

Questions:

1) Do you check the stomach as I do?

2) What have you found?

3) Are the stomachs normally empty, and why?

4) Why does NY prohibit the use of Gobies as bait?

5) Have you tried the Storm "Kickin' Goby" , "Wildeye", Gulp Goby, or others on Walleye?

6) Are Walleye just opportunists that will eat what they can get when they are ready to feed?

I've always thought that a walleye just does not feed again until their prior meal is clear of the stomach. Like us, I'm full, stop eating until next meal.
Over many years I have found mayflies, crayfish, small perch, shad, and emeralds, as well as some small bait fish that were too digested to determine what species they were.

I have caught bass on gulp goby. We've known for years that they are high on the list of forage for Lake Erie smallies. I have not tried them while Walleye fishing, but I'm going to try to soon. Does NY really think if they allow Live Goby as bait that they will get released into waters that don't already have them? Why can't I catch a few at the start of my day and use them in the waters where I caught them?

Firetiger in stained (45 ft.) water yesterday got the bite.