Hi Guys!
I went out Sat. morning out of Dunkirk. Got there at 5:00am just in time to watch the light show - Thunder, lightning & horizontal rain. After the front went through we went out to 85 ft. of water N W out of the harbor. I was in my neighbors boat - he keeps it there. We got 15 eyes - three of us. Ran jets on one side, and jensen deep divers on the other. Also 2 downriggers - one had a Renowski the other had a worm harnes. The jets and divers all had worm harnesses. The renosky had the best hit, it took drag. All the rest were very light hits. To tell you the truth I really couldn't tell when a fish was on but I think my neighbor smells them when they are on the line.
We went back to the same location Sun. morning 5:30 am. The wind was coming out of the North East pretty hard but we managed to get out. It was rough. We went to the same location that we were at Sat. but didn't have the same screen that we had the day before. Don't know where the fish went. We ended up with 4. It was 10:00 am and had a hard time trolling so decided to call it quits.
When I got home I noticed the wind had eased up a little. I got the urge to go out again. Went to Sturgeon Pt. launched myself and was fishing by 2:30 pm. Went 7 miles west to 70 ft. of water. Trolled renoskys, one on a jet and one on a small dipsy # 3 setting but had no hits.
When is the wind going to stop????