how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did not fish today, buddies did, west of SP also couldn't believe the amount of marks, tons! 9 in box let 7 go, sheep n silvers by dozens all harness bite. Funny how reports from same area can differ . Will be out Sunday and report, unless I get someone up early enough to try oak

Post Thanks / Like

Fished out of neighbors boat in Dunkirk today. 1Eye, 10 silver bass, 2 sheephead. The screen looked terrable. Not much on it from east of Perina to west of the stacks 55 to. 70 ft. Water
    Current flotation devices:
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Post Thanks / Like

went out Saturday 7am-1, a little east of dunkirk and worked 63-73FOW Kept 5 eyes, a FAT steelie (23" long about 12" belly to back), and tossed back a ton of silvers. All stick and spoon bite, nothing on harnesses. Everything came 15-50ft down on coppers and cores, riggers stood pretty still.how is fishing in buffalo-img_1159-jpg.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by orangediablo View Post
    a FAT steelie (23" long about 12" belly to back),
    I hope this is bound for the smoker! A few pints of porter and you have a great tasting meal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto View Post
    I hope this is bound for the smoker! A few pints of porter and you have a great tasting meal.
    Nope, going to our buddy who lets us hunt his land....getting tough to find people like that who let you hunt their property. Gotta keep them as happy as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

It is getting tougher to find hunting property, gotta take care of them for sure. That is one fat steelhead!

Interesting how nothing caught on harnesses.

Post Thanks / Like

Wrather be luckier then good...lolhow is fishing in buffalo-image-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHead View Post
    Wrather be luckier then good...lolhow is fishing in buffalo-image-jpg
    I told you a harness with a perch as bait would work & it took the biggest fish! Way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Went out of Dunkirk Sunday morning, still a little bumpy but not too bad. Headed west, started out deeper than I wanted, seemed like everytime I turned to head in there was a boat on the same line. Got a few white bass on harnesses, then hit a double header in 55 ft water. One (6 lb) was on a orange tape with copper hatchet (5 color LC) and the other (9lb) was on a black with some chartruse, orange and white dot harness off the downrigger at 52 ft. Went back through a few more times with no results. Was marking most in 45-60 ft water.

JR, its been slow for me also seems like I get one eye per trip this year. Last year we got 4-5 per trip and would get chased off by thunderstorms. I've been switching things up and trying just about every color and lure I have. Also been changing the depths. Sunday I had 2 DRs 10-20 ft apart in the water column, 4 color, 5 color, and a dipsy that I was all over on the line out. The 2 fish I got were 20 ft apart in the water column but couldn't get any more from that spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    Fished out of neighbors boat in Dunkirk today. 1Eye, 10 silver bass, 2 sheephead. The screen looked terrable. Not much on it from east of Perina to west of the stacks 55 to. 70 ft. Water
    went out of sturgen point west in 53 ft of water got 6 walleye on sat and 6 on sun on bottom copper watermelon and black with orange tap that i made