how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

i am putting a lead core outfit together what lb lead core do most of you guys use/ length of mono/swivel or knot to mono thanks joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joes spot View Post
    i am putting a lead core outfit together what lb lead core do most of you guys use/ length of mono/swivel or knot to mono thanks joe

Hey Joe we usually run 27lb leadcore and 50 to 75 ft leaders it just gives good action oyhers run less but its how i was shown so i stick with what works. The knot is an insertion knot peel back about 6 inches of the sheathing on leadcore snip out the lead and make one loop in that line and roll it up out of the way a little. Then insert mono till it touches lead inside sheath and roll loop back down to about an inch from the end of sheathing and pull it tight. Swivels are torpedo brand.
    22' starcraft islander "H"EYE STRUNG

Staff Fishing WNY
    Team member Descendants outdoors TV
    Prostaff Elusion camo .
    Prostaff ITO Flies
    Prostaff Ultimate Outdoors of WNY.
    Field Staff Kishels Scents and Lures .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Hey Joe we usually run 27lb leadcore and 50 to 75 ft leaders it just gives good action oyhers run less but its how i was shown so i stick with what works. The knot is an insertion knot peel back about 6 inches of the sheathing on leadcore snip out the lead and make one loop in that line and roll it up out of the way a little. Then insert mono till it touches lead inside sheath and roll loop back down to about an inch from the end of sheathing and pull it tight. Swivels are torpedo brand.
    Willis Knot
    https://youtu.be/ge0VCeJOdc4

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the fence from the condos to Buffalo today. We picked up 4. It got a little choppy out there.
    Current flotation devices:
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    I was on the fence from the condos to Buffalo today. We picked up 4. It got a little choppy out there.
    Same here got 4 on the fence. Captain, how was the ride back SP. bumpy for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    Same here got 4 on the fence. Captain, how was the ride back SP. bumpy for sure.
    Yeah a little bumpy. Had to find the right speed, the right trim on the trim tabs, the right trim on the motor. Then everything was good. UNTIL the wave pattern changed. Then plop you felt that one right through your spine. Then start all over with the trim tabs, etc. But it is what it is. You have to go a comfortable speed for the conditions and your body. If you have to go 10 miles and can only go 9, 10, 11 mph it just takes you longer.
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Post Thanks / Like

Well Friday was a little less rough out there wave wise for sure. A lot less wind, and a LOT more bugs. They were in your ears, nose, eyes, hair, arms etc.
    Well fishing was OK we ended up with 7 in the box. We lost one off the stringer. Yes, off the stringer, when we were bleeding him. Who knows how or why. ???And the big story of the day - we hooked a good one. Brought it to the boat. Went to net it. The net got stuck on one of the pop up cleats. The fish was touching the boat on the transom in the backwash of the boat itself, just floating there. The harness flew out of the fishes mouth. The net was still stuck. Fish gone. just as the net was unstuck. All pop up cleats were then checked and put to their down position. Too late. We were on the line west of Pt. Abino. But as a good captain I take all responsibility for my crew and their actions. ALTHOUGH I did not put the fish on the stringer or was the one with the net.
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams