how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 65 of 465 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I like perch

Perch are sweeter than walleye and I eat them but when trolling for eyes I only catch a few and so I throw em back. I really don't know how to fish for perch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walleyerick View Post
    Now all I got to do is catch 'em.
    Yeah I hear you on that one ! Honestly I'd rather get out and do more walleye fishing, this year I want to launch out of dunkirk just to try that area out. With 2 younger kids at home though I would rather keep them interested in fishing so perch and bass is what we usually go after, and short trips as well. They won't be young forever though!

Post Thanks / Like

Rick, forget the scaleing part, filet them, skin them ,then trim off all the dark colored meat & the blood line. Then you got some good eating ! For the perch find the crowd,drop anchor, use a crappie rig spreader with minnows & catch perch,then perpare them the same as above, more good eats!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default help please

going out tomorrow not sure where to go sturgeon or the catt with the southtowns tourney going on im assuming folks will be tight lipped just want to go out and catch a few walleye not compete.any help with depths color etc would be greatly appreciated....thanks guys good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I may go out tomarrow also. From what I am hearing & seeing on this site it looks as if the farther west you go the better the fishing. I saw center rd. & purina towers on here. jmo. I haven't been out for awhile. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fmck View Post
    going out tomorrow not sure where to go sturgeon or the catt with the southtowns tourney going on im assuming folks will be tight lipped just want to go out and catch a few walleye not compete.any help with depths color etc would be greatly appreciated....thanks guys good luck
    Everyone's been deeper 60-70 ft. I read on the dec site that dull colors were out fishing bright colors. On the other hand my buddy went out saturday evening after the rain. And kept trolling through the center gap at the breakwall and caught 6 eyes. And he's not a huge walleye fisherman. And the sob through them all back cause he didn't feel like cleaning them. Told him all he had to do was drop them off at my house. I'm contemplating going to Dunkirk this weekend. But we'll see

Post Thanks / Like

Default walleye fishing vs. bass fishing

Please answer question...

i love bass fishing, but love eating walleye. if i wanted to enjoy both in an outting is it better to fish for walleye early then go bass fishing or bass fish first and walleye later? i just want to maximize my walleye fishing.

please advise

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass or Walleye ?

wishin fishin asks
    is it better to fish for walleye early then go bass fishing or bass fish first and walleye later? i just want to maximize my walleye fishing.
    The answer is that whenever the lake allows you to go out, go for the walleye, b/c they are always (almost always) in deeper water than bass. When the lake kicks up, come in closer to shore and fish for bass. This is a wierd year with the hot March, it seems like the fishing is different than the usual years where the eyes are shallow in May/June and go deep in later summer. This year who knows ?

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Picked up 5 walleyeto today. One weigher 9.30 lbs. Same area as yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where

captjoe :
    Same area as yesterday
    I have not seen you post since 6/9, so where was yesterday ?