how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 117 of 465 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 4646
    Post Thanks / Like

Copp early to late march if it stays like this it'll be a blast on streams but lake o will be great come April also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Copp early to late march if it stays like this it'll be a blast on streams but lake o will be great come April also.
    I get addicted to inland trout in April. They taste so good wrapped in foil on the grill with butter , garlic, onion and some herbs tossed into the chest cavity. I usually skip the bridges with all the city slickers and up or down with my fly rod where sneakers can't reach. Spring steelies are a blast too. My biggest steelie I ever caught was in spring. Right in the 25lb range. A male too. Next biggest was 17lbs. Male also. These are Lake Erie trout.

What I would like to do is a day float trip with the canoe for trout in may in the southertier. You can reach fish that would normally be unfishable.
    Last edited by copo427ss; 01-11-2013 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Add on

Post Thanks / Like

The canoe thing would be a blast may have to jit ya up to make ya do it but if ee did itand i hear banjos i am running as fast as i can out of there lol. I've. Always wanted to do that myself. Or hunt way oit in swamp here the same way.

Post Thanks / Like

The canoe thing would be a blast may have to jit ya up to make ya do it but if ee did itand i hear banjos i am running as fast as i can out of there lol. I've. Always wanted to do that myself. Or hunt way oit in swamp here the same way.
    I have a nice canoe. Old Town Penobscot 17 or 18 ft. Made outriggers for it to help stabilize while fishing. Except I haven't tried them yet lol

Post Thanks / Like

Well i am glad you own the canoe you do and didn't say you hollowed out a log you found on the shore lol then added out riggers to it. I want to catch a brooky I've never caught one i just want a pic or 2 and let it go i know some natives in southern Wyoming co. I think they are about the most beautiful fish there is semi locally.

Post Thanks / Like

Well i am glad you own the canoe you do and didn't say you hollowed out a log you found on the shore lol then added out riggers to it. I want to catch a brooky I've never caught one i just want a pic or 2 and let it go i know some natives in southern Wyoming co. I think they are about the most beautiful fish there is semi locally.
    They are native to clear creek and a couple others. Those are walking streams. Allen lake gets stocked with brooks, browns, n rainbows. The creek by me is stocked with browns and also has a few leftover bows in it from when they used to stock. Alot of the browns I catch are native ( no clipped fins) which means they are reproducing. Crayfish are a number 1 staple. Most browns caught had gut fulls of baby crayfish. I'll be tying some crayfish flies for this spring for sure.

Lol mike could you imagine trying to portage a hollowed out log canoe? Makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Post Thanks / Like

With a nice morning like today I have the urge to go take the shrink wrap off, hook up and get out on the lake. Yeah right! Do you think it's going to get cold and snowy again?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    With a nice morning like today I have the urge to go take the shrink wrap off, hook up and get out on the lake. Yeah right! Do you think it's going to get cold and snowy again?
    Supposed to by mid week, so the weatherbug app in my phone says.

Post Thanks / Like

i hear you capt i feel the same way

Post Thanks / Like

Haha i thought it was funny when it popped into my head also. Today was a beautiful day although that south wind i am sure had erie rocking a bit. I wonder if the thaw will draw some chrome into the streams tomorrow i may take an afternoon drive to see. I am starting to thing this spring will follow the way last yr went.