Conversation Between jiginitis69 and West Basin

1 Visitor Messages

1. Thanks for the invite to take a stroll on the ice. I really appreciate the offer and would love to take you up on it.

I have been trying to get up to the frozen Erie for six weeks but it hasn't happened, just too busy. Postponed trip each of last three weeks including tomorrow (Friday March 21). I am a fisherman but this trip is not for fishing. I want to experience the ice firsthand with a knowledgeable local to learn the basics. I want to get some photos for my Lake Erie website (www (dot) lakeerieactivities (dot) com) as well as some unique video, both above and below the ice. It's pained me to hear all the talk and see the photos and video from this season's ice cover and not be able to get up and experience it. I am still hoping the return of cold weather on Saturday through Wednesday will allow me the chance to at least get out a little ways and get a little on-ice experience, fishing or not.

I am in contact with another experienced local recommended by friends in Port Clinton. He has volunteered to take me out if conditions allow. I would love to spend some time with both of you. At this point I will take whatever I can get, even if it's just a stroll along the shore ice.

I am planning on coming up no matter what early next week, probably Tuesday and / or Wednesday. If that will work for you please e-mail me, westbasin (at) cs (dot) com. I have to clean out my message box on this site as it is full, but I won't get to that until the earliest this Saturday or Sunday.

Dave C
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1