Geneva Perch Geneva Perch Geneva Perch Geneva Perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Geneva Perch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Geneva Perch

Hi I am new to the forum.
    I was looking for some info on where or how far out I need to go from the Geneva state park ramp to find the perch?
    We are headed up there this Friday morning the 16th and was hoping to limit out early on perch so we could go try our luck with trolling for walleye.
    From what I read in other threads the walleye could be found around 15 miles NE out of Geneva.
    Just need to know where the perch are, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Terry

Post Thanks / Like

Terry, The man you need to talk to is Tom Marthe at Geneva Bait and Tackle, one mile south of the entrance to the park on SR 534. He runs perch charters and knows where to find the perch. Tell him I referred you and while he is giving you the best minnow count around, he will point you in the right direction. 440-466-6876.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thank you very much for the information Dr. Ed
    I will do just that.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Geneva Perch Friday 8-16

Went out Friday with a buddy of mine to get some perch. We launched from Geneva State Park around 7:00AM after picking up several doz. minows from Geneva Bait and Tackle, recomended by Dr. Ed. (Like he mentioned great count on minows).
    We did eventually limit out by around 3:00pm. Our first anchor down we were getting periodic schools coming through but the bite was light and pretty small. After moving around a couple of times we did end up finding somewhat of a honey hole approx. 2.5 miles from the marina North East about 5 degrees in about 64 FOW. The bite was much more often than earlier but more importantly the size was much better. Not a record day but was able to put 10-12 pounds of perch in the freezer for a rainy day. Looks like I may go back up with my Dad on Monday. I will report back alittle more then.
    By the way, when we got back to the Marina, the walleye charters looked to have done very well! Well enough that the fish cleaning at the marina was backed up 2 hours. Ended up having to clean them myself, but I needed the practice.
    Good luck fishing to all!