Easy walleye at Geneva Easy walleye at Geneva Easy walleye at Geneva Easy walleye at Geneva
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

hey Dr.Ed, I see you are using spoons there. I fish out of Buffalo and we use harnesses and sticks but not spoons, do you guys ever use harnesses? I am coming for a week starting Friday with my father, son and brother and want to make it a memorable trip so any tips would be appreciated. Mark

Post Thanks / Like

In the central basin of Lake Erie, the walleye are hitting on anything you put in front of them. Finding a good active school can be a problem. The info you get from this site should help a lot. In the past I always used harnesses behind Dipseys and behind bottom bouncers. Crankbaits were also effective. Today some captains are again using Long A Bombers out 300 feet on stainless steel line. Whatever works. Listen on Ch. 68 if you run out of Geneva State Park. It won't get more current than what you here from those talking. I'll be one of them and we share. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Dr Ed. We will be there friday with two boats, one a 16' aluminum and and a 25' home built cabin job. We'll be there for the week and maybe we can hookup with you and get some info. thanks again, Mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Be very careful with a 16' boat. Lake Erie can get angry in a hurry. Tune in the marine broadcast but take what they tell you with a grain of salt. I've been out there in 20 kt winds with 5-6 foot waves while they are saying 5-15 kt winds and waves 2 feet or less. That's the U.S. government in action. I'm
    planning to launch from the Geneva ramp on Friday at 6:30 AM. My boat, the
    Holly Lucas (Holly III) is a 201 ProLine WA with a blue stripe and blue bimini top flying the stars and stripes off the radio antenna. Ch. 68 to listen and talk.

Post Thanks / Like

We probably won't get there till 11:00 - noon. I'm very much used to Erie with this boat, but most of the time we will be on the big boat. The little one will be for perch mostly.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile wats up Dr Ed

thinkin about comin 2 Geneva Sat. How did you do today? Any info would b greatly appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Rough day for me today. 5 fish in five hours. 7-8 miles NW of Geneva. All on spoons off 50 TruTrips back 80' at 1.9 mph. All were nice 27 inch fish but with such a beautiful lake I should have had more in that time frame. I may hit the lake again Sunday as the forecast looks good. 6/22 update. I belong to a local fishing club and will be hitting the Geneva ramp tomorrow morning around 6:30 AM with two club members hopefully to show them how to catch walleye. Stay tuned....
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 06-22-2013 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Update info