Fairport / Mentor Walleye Fairport / Mentor Walleye Fairport / Mentor Walleye Fairport / Mentor Walleye
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Eastlake Walleye

Went out of Chagrin late yesterday evening, didn't want to spend time traveling to Mentor since we got such a late start. Set up in about 51ft straight out of Eastlake. Tons of nice marks from top to bottom. Only one Walleye, but worth the trip. My buddy pulled in a nice 31 1/4 incher, 10+ pounder.

Dipsey 3 setting 110 ft back. Old perch colored stinger.

Post Thanks / Like

We tried 70'+ the previous day with no luck. I am also surprised the fish are still that shallow this late, but we we did have that cool spell last week. Haven't been out this week yet, but planning to go deep again when I do.

Post Thanks / Like

We're going out for sunrise Saturday morning, Mentor/ Fairport area. Plan on going deeper as well.

If you're out and want to share info then or any other time, were on 68"Blind Squirrel"

yobrick007 Guest

Default mentor/fairport

Hey fish fry, how'd you make out? I'm heading out tues and/or wed. Don't have a fish report for out here. If your in the lorain area, they're battering fish on the 18 line. I figure i'd try 70+ just going off history.

Post Thanks / Like

Default mentor/fairport/ Eastlake

went straight out of the chagrin 52 ft this morning. Marked tons of fish, only managed to bring in a handful of White bass.
    Moved out to 72 ft. Scattered marks. Caught two walleye. One was a Hog. Posting on the " Braggin Board" shortly. Both hit on the same rod. Big Dipsey 3 setting 140 back. Michigan stinger- perch colors with an eye at the top.

Post Thanks / Like

Very slow day yesterday. Fished from 5am - 11am in 64'-68' North of Perry power plant. Lost one 'eye near the boat, but other than that nothing but white bass and perch. Heard a few guys had minimal success in 70+ but most people I talked to said the bite was SLOW.

yobrick007 Guest

Fishin sunday SUCKED!!! 1 eye, 8lbs on a 40 jet and purple worm harness. Only other thing caught was a buzz at the dock. Be out again mon or tues. We were in 72 ft NE out of fairport. decent marks but no takers